Saturday 9 August 2014

A week on the broads





While all my friends have been jet setting across the world,  my family decided to go for a traditional English get away. We spent a week on the Norfolk broads. It's definitely better than a trip to skeg-vegas but it's not quite the same as living it up in the sunshine. That said, I still had a great time, and that's all that counts, right?
The holiday definitely started with a bang! ...Within five minutes of sitting on the front of the boat, Osar decided to go for a swim. And by that I mean, he fell in trying to say hello to the family of ducks passing by. I was ready to jump in after him. My dad managed to grab hold of his colar and lift him up within minutes but as he lifted, the colar got loose and snapped off. We were in a blind panick ...'what if we couldn't get him?', 'what if the tide picks up and carries him away?!' I finally managed to grab onto the scruff of his neck and highered him up onto the boat. But as I got him, he got his paw caught on my bikini top and managed to pull it down, giving all the people passing more than they bargained for. 
We started off on the outskirts of norich and got as far as great yarmouth by the second day. It was Oscar's first time on the beach. Well, actually it was his first time out side of Nottingham too! He'd never been on holiday before! He seemed alright with the crowds of people we walked through to get to the seafront. He didn't even bark at any other dog! But as soon as we set foot on the grotty half of the beach, just for dogs, the wind picked up and we found ourselves in the middle of a sandstorm.
Oscar loves water. He'd been itching to get in the water since we got on the boat! But the sea was different. It was unknown. Oscar didn't understand the waves, and that scared him. He was jumping around and dancing all over the place to try and get away from the  water crashing into his feet. I admit, it was funny to watch but I think it all got a bit much for the dog so we sat in the sand, braving the sandstorm.
Although I wasn't abroad like all my other friends, I still managed to come home with a great tan. Well what do you expect when I spent every morning sunbathing while we travelled to the next destination and most evenings walking around in the sunshine or sat fishing off the front of the boat. It was bliss!

No comments:

Post a Comment