Monday 11 August 2014

Star crossed lovers | The start of a new chapter

For this series of blog posts, we will be going back in time, reliving our story, year by year.

It all started in 2011 when I made the leap of faith to add Jake Walker (the gorgeous elder brother of Jordi and Ryan) on BBM -I know , I know... Not very romantic or traditional but what can I do in today's day and age? Anyway, we spoke for a few months, getting to know each other and become great friends. There was no question about it, I had developed strong feelings for the guy. He was perfect.
It was around Christmas time that I realised he liked me back and we began to speak more and more. Things were going great. There was just one problem ...I was so shy around people as it was, let alone a boy! Jake had tried to meet up a few times (nothing too special, just going for a walk) but I came up with every excuse possible to avoid the awkward situations I may face -after all, I didn't want to ruin what we had!
I finally gave in when he suggested going ice skating one Saturday (mainly because it meant I could drag my friend, Natalie along too. At least then I wouldn't feel so nervous!)

No comments:

Post a Comment