Friday 29 August 2014

Star crossed lovers | Our first date

Natalie and I travelled into town for a meal before meeting up with Jake, ready to go ice skating. All I can remember was being so nervous! We were sat talking about how we thought it'd go and whether I actually had a chance with this guy ...I mean, he could have had any girl he wanted. And I'm sure there were plenty of girls that wouldn't mind him choosing them. I was so lucky, but this was pressure that I could do without, all I was thinking was: "what if he thinks I'm ugly?", "what if he doesn't actually like me?", "what if my shyness puts him off?" I couldn't believe what was happening!
We'd finished our meal and started heading towards the ice arena when we bumped into one of Natalie's mates. We told him how nervous we were and that we were about to go and meet Jake Walker for the first time. He was so sweet, he reassured me that Jake was a nice guy and that we'd have a great time (I think he knew him through football or something). I took a massive sigh of relief, but my belly was still filled with butterflies.
We go to the fountain (where we had planned to meet up) but there was no sign, so we decided to take a very slow walk through the shops opposite. I was shaking. I had never been this nervous before. I got a text as we got to the back of the store, saying that he was there, asking where we were. This was it ...I was finally going to meet him. It took us five minutes to get to the front of the shop -the people behind us must have been getting so frustrated as we took fairy steps the whole way through.
He was stood there on the opposite side of the fountain, with his back to us. It was just like the scene in Titanic where Jack was stood, suited and booted by the stairs waiting for Rose. Although I'm sure Rose wasn't as nervous as I was. 
Walking to the ice arena was so awkward. No one spoke. Natalie had asked a few questions, like if Jake had ever skated before but apart from that it was silent. I can remember standing in the queue for the hire skates while Natalie was waiting on the bench. She was looking over at me, telling me to talk but I was far too nearvous. Ice skating was the perfect place for a first date -the music was that loud that awkward silences were never truly silent and if I had said something stupid, he probably wouldn't have heard it anyway. 
The date was going great. Natalie had skated off on her own while Jake and I trailed behind holding hands. We were both as bad as each other. It was perfect ...until half of my year turned up. There was about ten of the most popular kids from school. I wad so scared that Jake was going to leave me to go and skate with them. We skated around a few more times before getting off to say hello. I kept a tight grasp of Jakes hand, terrified that he was going to go off with one of the other girls. We stood talking for a while before going back on the ice. Throughout the whole date, he hadn't let go of my hand once. It was so cute. 
Jake gave us both a lift home. Natalie first, then me. We had arrived outside house -the time had come ...was there going to be a kiss or would it just be another awkward moment? I was so nervous. He pulled up, turn the engine off and turned to face me. My heart was beating so fast. He leaned over to say thankyou with a goodbye kiss. It was probably the most awkward first kiss, but who cares? ...I just kissed Jake Walker!

No comments:

Post a Comment